Renowned Member
Dec 3, 2013
Romania
cncted.com
Hello,

Right now I've made these settings:
  • backup notifications (via GUI)
  • root notifications (via /etc/aliases)
  • zfs-zed is sending messages to root by default, so I guess that I don't need to do any other settings for this
I've also installed Zabbix.

Are there any other notifications I should set?

Thank you

You could setup smartctl to run SMART tests once a week/month and mail you if a smart test fails.

For advanced features like monthly reports and analyzing alot of metrics to see problems early you might want to install a monitoring software like Zabbix, checkMK or something similar.

For advanced features like monthly reports and analyzing alot of metrics to see problems early you might want to install a monitoring software like Zabbix, checkMK or something similar.
I already installed Zabbix, so at this point all my nodes have:
  • backup notifications
  • root notifications
  • SMART notifications
  • Zabbix notifications
Is there anything else I could do to improve this chapter?

I think alerts for failing fans are also useful. And alerts before running out of RAM or disk space.

RAM and disk space is covered by Zabbix. Any hint about the fans?
Here zabbix is monitoring them too. Found templates for all my mainboards BMCs which are controlling the fans. So zabbix can connect using IPMI and read fans, voltages and temperatures. Maybe you find some templates too that can read the mainboards sensors.

Reactions: Razva

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!