PVE nested in HyperV, PVE gets network access but PVE vm's do not (destination host unreachable). Looking for guidance to set promiscuous mode in HV.

elzorroazul777

Dec 7, 2022
It looks like the topic of port monitoring is a bit above my current level of understanding and I haven't been able to find a concrete guide to help set this up. I have Hyper-V enabled on my Windows host and Proxmox is installed as a VM in Hyper-V. Proxmox was able to get a DHCP assigned IP address from the physical router on my local network but the VM's within proxmox are unable to connect.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for your question!! I spent half a day beating my head against the monitor trying to solve this. Then I saw the word 'promiscuous', and it immediately clicked. Here, it fixed everything immediately:
download.png
UPD: BTW, you also might want to change the adapter to trunk mode:

Code:
Set-VMNetworkAdapterVlan –VMName my_pve_vm_name –Trunk –AllowedVlanIdList 10-100 –NativeVlanId 0

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!