PVE Interface Patch

ganehag

Jul 22, 2009
What is this? You might ask. Well this is a small patch that I wrote to change the appearance of the PVE interface.

PVE is an awesome system, built upon an even more impressive Linux distribution. However I though that some design love was required to the interface itself.

Instead of waiting around I quickly figured out how the Perl based interfaced was put together. Then after a few hours of tinkering I had changed the interface quite radically.

I have uploaded a small screenshot so that everyone can see the difference and make up their own mind.

The patch itself consists of two files:
pve-manager.patch & perl5-PVE.patch

Download these and put them into your /tmp directory on the system that you wish to patch. Then you change directory to /usr/share/pve-manager and apply the first patch with patch -p0 < /tmp/pve-manager.patch

You can also put the progressmeter.jpg file into /usr/share/pve-manager/images as this will give you a slightly more fancy progressbar.

The second patch is applied by first going into /usr/share/perl5/PVE and then by running patch -p0 < /tmp/perl5-PVE.patch

As always, if you break your system - do not come crying to me. You should be knowing what you are doing!

Oh yes, I had to put pve-manager.patch into a zipfile, and add .txt to the perl5-PVE.patch file.

Attachments

• progressmeter.jpg
    progressmeter.jpg
    571 bytes · Views: 233
  • pve-manager.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 42
  • perl5-PVE.patch.txt
    5 KB · Views: 64
  • screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    68 KB · Views: 319
Wow, appearance looks very cool, hope dev team will integrate it into officail pve.

Looks great, but I received an error. (I had to comment that line in order to see the design)

[3612]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: Undefined subroutine &PVE::Utils::roleinfo called at /usr/share/pve-manager/root/base.epl line 95.

How about someone poting this to PVE 1.4? Or is it running well, when comment out the line mentioned two posts before? :confused:

Hi folks!

Any news of the great patch for pve 1.5?

It a great tool to ovoid disk full. ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!