PVE HA Config problem

SCM

Aug 9, 2019
I have four hosts and want to do two point of failure redundancy. I create a lxc_ceph_mon on the local ZFS. If there are two hosts OFFLINE does not affect the use.
If lxc_ceph_mon is on a failed host, HA cannot automatically migrate to start the lxc server.
Would you like to ask if you can set MON = 2/4 to be unaffected, or HA node = 2/4 to automatically migrate to start lxc_ceph_mon?
HA seems to have max_worker, but the configuration file is not found, and I don't know if it meets my needs.

my config:
pve node number: 4
ceph osd number: 4
ceph mon number: 5 (one on lxc)
ceph pool : K=2 & M = 2
ceph pool size : 3/2

with 4 nodes and ha, only one can fail (you need quorum which means more than half of the nodes; in your case 3/4 nodes have to be online)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!