PVE Cluster shows wrong storages

Olaf Brenn

Jul 3, 2017
Hi, I have 2 PVE 6 running. I would like to use the storage on both PVE's using the sharing option. When I check the storage 1 on PVE 1 it shows the correct size. When I check the size of storage 1 (PVE1) on PVE2 it is limited to 100 GB and the other way around with storage 2 on PVE2.
Is there any way to use the storage attached to a single PVE to all other PVE's with full size?

Olaf

Last edited:
Please post your /etc/pve/storage.cfg.

here we go

dir: st_1_8T_1_5T
path /var/lib/vz/st_1_8T_1_5T
content rootdir,images,iso,backup,vztmpl
maxfiles 3
nodes pve
shared 1

dir: st_4TB_3_5TB
path /var/lib/vz/st_4TB_3_5TB
content backup,iso,vztmpl,images,rootdir
maxfiles 1
nodes pve
shared 1

dir: st_4TB_3_6TB
path /var/lib/vz/st_4TB_3_6TB
content images,rootdir,vztmpl,snippets,backup,iso
maxfiles 3
nodes pve2
shared 1

dir: st_400G_400
path /var/lib/vz/st_400G_400/
content backup,iso,snippets,vztmpl,images,rootdir
maxfiles 1
nodes pve
shared 0

dir: local-pve2
path /var/lib/vz/
content rootdir,images,backup,vztmpl
maxfiles 1
nodes pve2
shared 0

dir: local
path /var/lib/vz
content vztmpl,images,rootdir,iso,snippets
maxfiles 0

Last edited:
dir: local
path /var/lib/vz
content vztmpl,images,rootdir,iso,snippets
maxfiles 0
The local storage is PVE's default storage location and has special precedence. Please use different path for your storage mounts (eg. /mnt | /media).

Reactions: ramrot
Use a different path for your different directory storage and the extra 'local-pve2' storage won't be needed either, as it is default on all PVE installations.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!