PVE Backup: vzdump backup status

FelixJ

Mar 1, 2019
Hi,
is it possible to have only the summarized part (the table with vmid, name, status, time, size and filename columns) of a backup report via mail rather then the detailed logs that follow?
Optionally, have only the details for VMs, that do not return status "OK"?
regards,
Felix

At the moment this is not possible. However, there is an enhancement request [1] in our Bugzilla. We do have plans to make the template used for rendering the subject line and the mail body customizable.

[1] https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4526
Great. So it would be nice, to take this request also into consideration.
I leave it to that for now.
And thanks for the really fast replies!
regards,
Felix

Because I need a confirmation, that the backup has been made, regardless of it's success-status.
As you wish. Although in my scenario, you'll know when you don't get an email "On failure only" that a "successful" backup has been made. I agree its only an "assumption".

Alternative workaround, why not use a hookscript and develop your own notification script to go along with this.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!