PVE 8 VM Stops and reboots after a few minutes (looping in this state)

they-said

Nov 19, 2022
I have 2 clustered virtual smartzone vms built from KVM files, I have been testing this in the past for quite sometime and moved it to my prod system although I never had issues, yesterday I upgraded prod systems to pve 8 and for some reason it caused reboots of nodes (from research this seems to be something others have experienced).

With that said my 2 clustered VMs boot up and then after about a minute just stops and then boots up again. The issue with these vms is they are a closed system with specific commands available to me and since this issue started in pve 8 i am trying to find a way to know where this halt state or crash is coming from.

What methods can I use other than cluster logs?

Incase anyone has this issue.
Seems I have somewhat solved it. VM was running in Q35 which by default is what Proxmox provides. Being that I am on v8 now, I downgraded that option to 7.2 and it doesnt bootloop any more.

Incase anyone has this issue.
Seems I have somewhat solved it. VM was running in Q35 which by default is what Proxmox provides. Being that I am on v8 now, I downgraded that option to 7.2 and it doesnt bootloop any more.
I'm dealing with the same issue. How did you downgrade that option to 7.2? Is there. Link ?

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!