PVE 7 web Interface not accessible

ddk95

Sep 22, 2021
I recently noticed that the web UI of PVE is not accessible temporarily and apparently arbitrarily (though consistently). Refreshing the browser after a while might bring it back. This is quite annoying and I tries Firefox, Safari and Chrome but they are all the same. I reinstalled PVE 7 but the problem remains. All VMs are running though (including PBS) and can be accessed via RDP or web.

The installation is a stand-alone server and all was fine until a few weeks ago.

Any help is much appreciated!

anything in the logs from that time?
maybe there is a network issue? (e.g. duplicate ip?)

The server has a static IP, no duplicate. Note that another server runs with no problems on the same network.

The problem has now got worse as the web interface is not even loading after a reboot. I have been able to connect via ssh for a short period until the connection breaks (reconnecting is refused as host key verification fails). KVM access still works though. And VMs that are configured to start on reboot are running (PBS) and are accessible.

I scannend the syslog but could not find anything particular hinting at an issue, no error messages or warnings.

I have been able to connect via ssh for a short period until the connection breaks (reconnecting is refused as host key verification fails).
this sounds very much like a duplicate ip. check your other servers/machines on the network if any has the same ip configured.

changed the IP while I could not find any conflict and with the new IP there is unfortunately no change in behavior:(

can you post the syslog /journal from that time? maybe there are some hints there..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!