[SOLVED] PVE 7.3 - PFSENSE HA - BOTH MASTER

Nov 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with a pfsense CARP infrastructure under proxmox. Both of my pfsenses are both masters and I am tearing my hair out.

Here is my infrastructure:
  • Physical ==> 2 servers rented from SCALEWAY
  • Virtualization ==> proxmox 7.3
  • Pfsense ==> 2.6 - I have a WAN + LAN + CARP interface on each server

What I have tried:
  • Putting all of my interfaces in promiscuous mode ==> KO
  • Completely rebuilding the infrastructure ==> KO
  • Reinstalling the PFSENSE ==> KO
  • Reading the tcpdump ==> No information, not really content.

I had set up the pfsense CARP on the same physical machines but under VMWARE and everything was OK.
I followed the recommendations at this link: https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/troubleshooting/high-availability-virtual.html

That is why I am posting my request on this site today because I think it is coming from PROXMOX.

Can you help me? Thank you.

Last edited:
If you don't have bonds, then it's something other.
I have OPNsense with CARP running on LACP bonds and this works, problems only on non-LACP bonds, but this has nothing to do with proxmox.

Maybe you should ask the question also on the pfsense-forum.

Hello to all,

Problem solved.

As I use the SCALEWAY RPN network, the PFSYNC network had to be separated from the other network.

I have specified a vlan on each interface (see photo):
200 ==> PFSYNC
202 ==> LAN
2022 ==> CLUSTER

2023_01_12_14_17_42_node207_Proxmox_Virtual_Environment.png

Thx

Reactions: mr44er

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!