PVE 4.3 - Console - "Server disconnected (code: 1006)"

dg_

Sep 28, 2016
Hello,

I have 2 admin users:

- 1 root using PAM auth. Console works.
- 1 Extra user with Administrator or PVAdmin using PV auth and /pool/poolname limitation, it also fail if i use / as pool limit. Everytime i try to connect to the console i get the following error message: "Server disconnected (code: 1006)"

I am using Chrome.

Reproduce:

I connect with root user and use console without problem, logout, clean cookies and cache (i tested a lot of things), login as extra admin user using PV auth and console is showing the error. I log out and login with root user and console works good.

Thanks.

Sorry, no it's not there, posted this only for that you plan your users. It can only work with pam, because the local rootconsole is an "LOCAL USER" with ID "0". So for example when you add an user: for example "susan" and give her the sudorights as administrator, and you add the user in the Webgui too (PAM), than the local console opens, but you must do an extra login. Under normal situations you don't need this. If an user need the full local CMD adminrights give them the rootuser.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!