purge backup single vm

davidecaggiano

Apr 15, 2024
I would like to delete all the backups of a VM made with Proxmox Backup leaving only the last 7, currently I have not found a way to do it individually, but only for all VMs, I have not found any way even from SSH, can anyone help me?

Hi,
there is currently no such bulk action available for pruning snapshots.
However, what you could do is either sync the last 7 backups you would like to keep via a sync job into a different namespace, by applying the corresponding filters for the sync job and then prune the whole old group or you could create a small script listing all snapshots, filtering out the ones you would like to keep and forget the others via the proxmox-backup-client

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!