Prune by date needed

robhost

Jun 15, 2014
Dresden
www.robhost.de
Hi,

as we're often migrate VMs between nodes and even clusters we have sometimes orphaned VM backups on our PBS hosts.
Did I miss something, or isnt it possible to prune by date?

Example:
We do weekly backups of VM an the VM gets migrated to another PVE cluster, so the backup of it is then on another PBS host. How to prune this VM on the old PBS server automatically? None of the settings seems to match this VM. What is needed here ist an setting like "prune backups older than X weeks or something". Is that possible?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-08 um 12.56.32.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-08 um 12.56.32.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 6
I have been looking for a similar option as well, but haven't found anything built-in yet. The workaround is writing a script for that, but thats not really the clean way of doing it.

So +1 from me for a feature request ;)

Reactions: robhost

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!