Proxmox4 can't enable firewall option in network device

PaoloVIP

Oct 8, 2015
If i want to enable firewall option in network device, this error it appears, but the bridge was set:

format error (500)

bridge: property is missing and it is not optional

EDIT: Ah, ok. It can be enable only if the lxc was down.

Attachments

• firewall_bridge_missing.jpg
    firewall_bridge_missing.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thats a bug - will try to fix ...

Is there another strange behavior.

The firewall file of an lxc is located in /etc/pve/firewall/<nnn>.fw

If this file contain only

Code:
[OPTIONS]

enable: 1

[RULES]
the rules added directly in that file does not become active, also if they are correct. But if there is at least one rule, you can add to that file every other rules you need, and they will become active...

100.fw
Code:
[OPTIONS]

enable: 1

[RULES]

Code:
echo "IN ACCEPT -source 192.168.0.0/24" >> /etc/pve/firewall/100.fw

This rule will not become visible and active. But if you put via proxmox panel at least one rule, then you can add other rules via command line. I don't know if I explained clearly enough...

Works for me. Is there a newline after [RULES]?

You are right. Simply had not considered that the file of the newly activated firewall doesn't contain the [RULES] section at all. So it works as expected. I apologize for not having checked better.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!