Proxmox2 node requiremt for asterisk

Dragnell

Jul 30, 2012
Hi everyone i am about to deploy a asterisk server in a container but could not find anything related to promox2 node requirement that may needed for this matter, can anyone give me a hint or where to look that would be great. Thanks for your time and effort.

AFAIU, you just need to make sure the container has enough resources (isn't squeezed by other processes, has enough memory etc). If not, I'd suggest you look in openvz or asterisk sites/resources, as this is not proxmox specific and probably too niche...

I'm running asterisk on a kvm instance in proxmox (not recommended apparently because of clock/timing issues) but only for a very small setup and it is working fine.

Ok, thanks for your answer i will kept that in mind and then will give a try.Thanks a lot for your time

if your using KVM you should be good to go.

If you are using openvz you will need to edit the /etc/vz/vz.conf to include all the iptable modules you would like for the containers to have access to.

if you do not update the vz.conf and spawn a asterisk container you will run into issues with the container not having access to the iptables modules you need.

Once you made the update to the vz.conf file make sure you service vz restart so the vz service loads the new settings

FYI: restarting the vz service will stop all containers and will not start them back up. You will need to start them manually.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!