Proxmox with VirtualBox: guest has not initialized display yet

mpazositg

Jun 27, 2023
Hello, I've been trying to install Proxmox on a virtualbox vm. My problem is that after the installation and creating a vm, I can't see anything at the VNCClient.
It is supposed to be possible as it states this: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_inside_VirtualBox.
Is there any specific configuration i need to manage? I've been trying multiple options but none worked. Everything works if I install it on physical hardware ofc. Fresh install, no custom configuration; but i would like to make it run on virtualbox.
On virtualbox, I enabled nested virtualization, and tested multiple video adapters/memories.
1687857887919.png

Same here, I tried with latest Proxmox version (8.0.3) and 7.4, no success. I use Virtualbox 7.0.8. I also made sure nested virtualization and all were all checked, so it shouldn't be the problem here. Could it be a Virtualbox problem ? I saw some posts saying Virtualbox 7 may have broken some things so we could give Virtualbox 6 a try here.

Same here, I tried with latest Proxmox version (8.0.3) and 7.4, no success. I use Virtualbox 7.0.8. I also made sure nested virtualization and all were all checked, so it shouldn't be the problem here. Could it be a Virtualbox problem ? I saw some posts saying Virtualbox 7 may have broken some things so we could give Virtualbox 6 a try here.
You are right, it worked with latest 6.1 Virtualbox version. I guess we should stay there for now, thanks for the idea!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!