Proxmox with iSCSI Equallogic SAN

Jun 28, 2019
Hi,

I've setup a environment with proxmox 6 and iSCSI Equallogic (DELL), this kind of storage requires some TCP modifications to work correctly with multipath..

One feature that is necessary for this storage to improve iscsi performance is "Disable DelayACKs" on Hosts connected to the storage..

I can't find on Proxmox where can I disable delay_acks on Linux ( /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_quickack ) or ( /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_nodelay) ...

Without this we're seeing a lot of "TCP retransmissions" on the storage center from proxmox hosts...

How can I disable delays acks on proxmox iscsi interface nics?

Jun 28, 2019
Yep.. I know.. but I coud not find it anywhere thought linux/debian...

I'm trying to make it work right now using iscsi offload from my broadcom nic (57810).. using software iscsi (open-iscsi) I think it's not possible to disable delay ack.

menk

Apr 3, 2014
Italy - Forlì
Hi Danilo, but you have only "tcp retrasmissions" message, or you have other problem? Like slow performance or other????

Jun 28, 2019
We are observing only tcp retransmission.. above 5% in some periods.. but it was higher when the interface MTU was in 9000 .. We lowered the mtu to 1500 it dropped the tcp retransmission a little bit.. but not 100%... I'm also searching why the MTU is also causing high tcp retransmission... my entire hardware infrastructure already works great with MTU 9000 and ESXi (with delayack off).. the problem only start to happen after Proxmox deployment..

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE and Proxmox Mail Gateway. We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!