PROXMOX VM104 always FREEZE

lisalesley

Jul 30, 2024
Good Day! for this past few days our PROXMOX shows like this please see pictures attached that recognized error in client VM104 for in case to resolved temporarily need to shutdown the system unit and run but when I select VM104 it's always shows like this then it makes the client FREEZE but the other client runs normally could anyone tried this error? Thank! God Bless all!

Attachments

• platinum error.png
    platinum error.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 23
Hi,
this triangle usually indicates an IO or emulation error. What does qm status 104 --verbose say? Please also check the host's system log/journal for any errors around the time the issue happens.

Reactions: lisalesley
Hi,
this triangle usually indicates an IO or emulation error. What does qm status 104 --verbose say? Please also check the host's system log/journal for any errors around the time the issue happens.
Yes right ma'am, it's IO error .. I can't find any solution.. When this error appeared it also affected nearby VM. but how to fix this issue? any idea ma'am?

Please share your storage configuration cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg and indicate what storage the VM is using. You should also check the system's journal, e.g. journalctl -b to see if any errors are logged there. You can use smartctl -a /dev/XYZ with the appropriate device name to check the physical disk's health. Should it really be failing, I'd recommend using a tool like ddrescue to try and salvage the data.

Please share your storage configuration cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg and indicate what storage the VM is using. You should also check the system's journal, e.g. journalctl -b to see if any errors are logged there. You can use smartctl -a /dev/XYZ with the appropriate device name to check the physical disk's health. Should it really be failing, I'd recommend using a tool like ddrescue to try and salvage the data.
We don't know how to check the storage configuration, suddenly the staff in charge in this field is out in our company that's why we are seeking for solution for now because we can't find any best solution.

Hello maam, Error already fixed.. hehe.. the issued is that the storage is full that's why the system can't proceed.. We made more space in the storage.. Thank maam :)

Reactions: fiona

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!