[SOLVED] Proxmox VM sometimes cannot assigned DHCP IP from Router

Jun 20, 2023
Hi,

I have case, some vm in proxmox can't get ip dhcp from virtual router when it renew automatically. And when manual "dhclient" from vm or disable enable vnic vm, it can assigned again. Anyone has same issue? All vm net use E1000.

Thanks

Hi,
so you are saying the dhcp lease of the VM did not get renewed? Can you share how you are testing.

All vm net use E1000.
For best performance it is recommended to use the paravirtualized VirtIO driver instead.

Hi,
so you are saying the dhcp lease of the VM did not get renewed? Can you share how you are testing.
Yes, but it rarely happened and random vm.
I installed mikrotik vm (CHR) as pve guest to deliver to other guest vm.

For best performance it is recommended to use the paravirtualized VirtIO driver instead.
Is it ok use virtio type for windows and linux vm? I will try to change to virtio

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!