Proxmox VE will hang.

akong

Oct 15, 2018
I install Proxmox VE 5.4 version. My system is AMD Ryzen R5 CPU and 32G RAM.
I create new VM and install openmediavault to this VM system. But I copy data to this VM. Sometimes all system will hang include proxmox ve. Openmediavault is NAS system.So I will copy large and more files to it. How to check it?

What's the output on your monitor? What you can see in the logs? Are you disks all healthy?

Output not show any error message.You mean logs is /var/log/syslog? My disk is normal.

You mean logs is /var/log/syslog?
You can find more logs under /var/log not only syslog is important, check all related logs if you can find anything at this time where you have problems.

My disk is normal.
What this mean? Did you check your SMART Values? What about the counter, anyone increase from time to time? What is with the controller?

Yes. I check SMART values. I use sata controller on motherboard. I install one M.2 SSD for proxmox ve system.And I install four sata HDD build zfs raidz for vm storage.

Are you using a first generation Ryzen by chance? If so, check this: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=196683

More information on what happens when it crashes would be necessary for helping with other specific issues (as stated above: logs, display output, hardware details, etc...)

My CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics.
It's should not first generation.

Can you please specify what drivers you use for the VM controller, disk? Is your physical server using any cache-capable RAID controller? What file system are you using?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!