Proxmox VE Training

Dallas, TX here. I'm actually putting together some labs for Proxmox for free hands on training at my local Linux Users Group meetings. If you have some written labs already made up that you would allow me to use and redistribute that would make my endeavor much easier.

Last edited:
I'm in Houston. Have space for possible training, but I do not have an abundance of servers.
However, Proxmox can be ran on any system. If my lab PC's are sufficient, than I may have a setup. I will be moving all my lab computers to PXE boot, so whatever is installed wouldn't matter.
If this may work for you, I will send you details and images regarding my setup.
I actually have a large build coming up surrounding Proxmox. It's a 6-node setup with two OmniOS NAS for Failover (Not sure if I will stick with OmniOS due to the difficulties I have been having trying to create CT on Shared Storage). This build will facilitate the PXE boots and possibly booting into SPICE Virtuals Machines.
But let me know how this may work for you

If you are considering holding any training in North America, you may consider two additional possibilities:
1. Hold training in Las Vegas, Nevada [IATA: LAS]. Las Vegas is usually the cheapest place (on average) to fly to within North America and MANY options for international flights. Cheap hotels & facilities; at least two training providers I know of have operations there that could scale adequately.
2. Hold training in Canada (typically Toronto [IATA: YYZ]). It's sometimes much easier for Schengen-group citizens (i.e. you!) to enter Canada than the US, and Toronto has facilities as good as anywhere else (not as cheap as Las Vegas, but much cheaper than Europe). I can think of at least four training providers there that would happily rent their facilities to you, and finding servers should not be difficult.

Since you likely do not have servers hidden away somewhere over here, I will point out that Dell, IBM and HP (and probably SuperMicro, but I've never asked them) are likely willing to secure several servers from their demo pool if it gets them exposure. Toronto is Canadian headquarters for all those companies, so their Canadian demo pool is nearby.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!