Proxmox VE performance vs ESXi

Aug 1, 2024
Hi guys, sorry for my English, I'm Italian and I struggle a bit with English :)
So, in the company we have been using two proxmox mail gateways with satisfaction for years.
Now following Broadcom's announcement, we decided to migrate our 2 hosts from ESXi to Proxmox VE. We have 21 VMs and about 7TB of occupied space.
I must confess that I was quite afraid, but apart from the successful simply migration and PBS which is simply amazing, I was totally impressed by the performance of the VMs on the disk side.
There is literally no comparison.
Unfortunately I don't have any benchmarks done with ESXi, but the speed of the VMs in console is impressive compared to ESXi.
I wanted to ask you if there was any objective data regarding this, between VMF6 and ZFS, or is it just my isolated case.

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!