[SOLVED] Proxmox VE - Login failed. Please try again.

After installing my hosts a couple of times, and more to come, I found out by accident that if you have assigned a dns hostname and using that in the browser on a fresh host, you cannot login until you have assigned a certificate on the host.
So use the ip address instead.
How about mentioning that in the login error, instead of just "Login failed. Please try again"

Just ran into this issue after having shut down a host and recycling the parts. Something got messed up in my cluster-manager, because pvecm expected 1 did not allow me to log back into the host via web GUI. I think it was because I had configured a QDevice, although I could not remove the QDevice either because of the error:

Ultimately I had to do as @mokaz suggested, which was to destroy the cluster config for the still online node and re-create the cluster once I could get back into the web GUI:

After all that, I'm back in business, without any downtime on any VM/CT's.
thanks this worked for me

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!