[SOLVED] proxmox-ve install exception

TheCurano

Nov 27, 2020
Hello,

I bought a server and tried to install Proxmox on Debian 10.
My prozessor is a amd ryzen 5 3600. So I should have enough power.
I added that to my source list:
deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian buster pve-no-subscription
Then I downloaded the key:
wget -q http://download.proxmox.com/debian/proxmox-ve-release-6.x.gpg -O /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/proxmox-ve-release-6.x.gpg
There is no exception in apt-get update/apt-get upgrade/apt dist-upgrade.
But when I try to install proxmox-ve with apt-get install proxmox-ve. There is an exception.

root@Mainserver:~# apt-get install proxmox-ve
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
proxmox-ve is already the newest version (6.3-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Setting up pve-manager (6.3-2) ...
Job for pvestatd.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status pvestatd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
dpkg: error processing package pve-manager (--configure):
installed pve-manager package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of proxmox-ve:
proxmox-ve depends on pve-manager; however:
Package pve-manager is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package proxmox-ve (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
pve-manager
proxmox-ve
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

systemctl status pvestatd:

root@Mainserver:~# systemctl status pvestatd
● pvestatd.service - PVE Status Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pvestatd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2020-11-27 17:54:14 CET; 3min 24s ago
Process: 1361 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pvestatd start (code=exited, status=111)

Nov 27 17:54:14 Mainserver pvestatd[1361]: ipcc_send_rec[1] failed: Connection refused
Nov 27 17:54:14 Mainserver pvestatd[1361]: ipcc_send_rec[1] failed: Connection refused
Nov 27 17:54:14 Mainserver pvestatd[1361]: ipcc_send_rec[2] failed: Connection refused
Nov 27 17:54:14 Mainserver pvestatd[1361]: ipcc_send_rec[2] failed: Connection refused
Nov 27 17:54:14 Mainserver pvestatd[1361]: ipcc_send_rec[3] failed: Connection refused
Nov 27 17:54:14 Mainserver pvestatd[1361]: ipcc_send_rec[3] failed: Connection refused
Nov 27 17:54:14 Mainserver pvestatd[1361]: Unable to load access control list: Connection refused
Nov 27 17:54:14 Mainserver systemd[1]: pvestatd.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=111/n/a
Nov 27 17:54:14 Mainserver systemd[1]: pvestatd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 27 17:54:14 Mainserver systemd[1]: Failed to start PVE Status Daemon.

The time is set on german time. My english isn't the best, thanks for helping <3

the installation fails, because pve-manager's post install script does not run, because pvestatd cannot start.
pvestatd cannot start because it cannot speak with the cluster-filesystem https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pmxcfs.html

Most of the time this is due to a missing entry in your /etc/hosts - make sure that you have an entry your nodes IP pointing to your short hostname (without any dots and domains appended)
PVE has to be able to resolve the hostname to a locally configured IP:
* uname -n # get the hostname
* ping -c 1 $(uname -n) #check if it is resolvable to a local IP)

should indicate where the problem is

I hope this helps!

Hello,

now when I try to connect to the website, there is an exception in the browser:
192.168.178.90 has not sent any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Help?

ADD:
The Website is available if I am connecting from the server itself.
From another pc is the exception ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!