[SOLVED] Proxmox VE Bridges Help

vakarthik

Jul 26, 2019
I have installed proxmox recently and having trouble in configuring network bridges. This is my configuration.

Proxmox: Bridge - vmbr0 IP: 192.168.22.254/24 Gateway: 192.168.22.1

I have one pfsense VM. The IP of pfsense VM is 192.168.22.1 (pfsense LAN interface is vmbr0). I have added one more bridge for pfsense vmbr1 and mapped WAN physical port to it. Everything works fine.

But when I add second VM to vmbr0 with static IP and gateway as pfsense LAN IP I could not access internet from second VM. I have tried everything !

When I remove the address and gateway in vmbr0 I could not access proxmox web gui. Then I changed it back from console.

When I have not set any gateway IP in vmbr0 (only address as 192.168.22.254) I could access internet from second VM!!!! Any idea why ?

EDIT: I have tried adding two separate bridges (WAN and LAN) for pfsense. but only containers inside bridges seem to communicate. How to route traffic from one bridge to another?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!