Proxmox VE 8.2 released!

Hello, I am interested in the proxmox project, since a community creates a server hypervisor, such as backups and emails, is very interesting. Could someone help me or send me a link where I can know all the repositories necessary to be compiled and learn how to mount the ISO?
"Guide to creating ISO step by step".

send me a link where I can know all the repositories necessary to be compiled and learn how to mount the ISO?
Has google stopped working in your area?

Here is a pretty straightforward guide (just one of the first google results). If you can't follow it; Proxmox isn't for you!

Has google stopped working in your area?

Here is a pretty straightforward guide (just one of the first google results). If you can't follow it; Proxmox isn't for you!
excuse me,

gfngfn256.​

I was not referring to mounting the ISO in proxmox, but from the git repository to be able to clone all the necessary repositories to build the ISO that is on the official website by compiling in C or Rust. Build Proxmox VE 8.2 ISO Installer from source code.
Thanks for the link, but I've been working with proxmox for a while now and I wanted to move on to compiling proxmox ve 8.2 from the source code, I hope it's not a confusion from this post.

I wanted to move on to compiling proxmox ve 8.2 from the source code
Sorry for the confusion, I had no idea (not sure if I could have, from your post), of your true intention.
Anyway, It doesn't belong in this thread, & for that matter I'm not sure it is a PVE question at all. I guess you could follow any Linux OS's guide to self-compiling.

Sorry for the confusion, I had no idea (not sure if I could have, from your post), of your true intention.
Anyway, It doesn't belong in this thread, & for that matter I'm not sure it is a PVE question at all. I guess you could follow any Linux OS's guide to self-compiling.
Thank you for your attention, do you know of any thread where I can continue advancing on this topic. Since my real intention is to create a script and contribute it to the community to mount the proxmox VE installer ISO from the source code from the official proxmox repository.

Since the 8.2.2 upgrade, proxmox failed to boot. Since then, I've pinned the kernel to 6.5.13-5-pve and proxmox is fine again.
I'm back, a few months later and tried the other currently installed kernel I have, which is 6.8.4-3-pve and get an error on boot saying something similar to:-

Failed to load online.services.

There are millions of posts across the net with people talking about various 6.8 versions, all with some issue, sometimes networking, sometimes gpu passthrough (which i use), and frankly I can't keep up!

Is there a currently recommended stable kernel vesion that I can use with 8.2.2 so that I can stop pinning at 6.5 ?

I think I read somewhere that having the network bridges auto restart is not enough with 6.8, and that you also need to autostart the network devices themselves ? Is this recommended, or what else do I need to do to get 6.8 working ?

Tried a few options tonight, any 6.8 kernel causes the same error (failed to load network.service).

Tried auto starting the network device. No improvement.
Another thread suggested adding this to my crontab:-

@reboot root sleep 60 && /usr/bin/systemctl start networking

which also made no difference.
I suspect my either my hardware is too old (8th Gen i5 on a dell micro 5070), or my network device names may have changed.

However, I'm not sure how to check them because after pve finally boots to a login prompt screen (I temporarily have a monitor connected to the host), then goes black after about 5 seconds, and about a minute or two later, the machine just reboots.

I'm going to try a fresh install on some spare hardware I have and see if that behaves the same.

I suspect my either my hardware is too old
I think unlikely.

Do you have VM/s with passthrough that Start at boot? If you do, what I would try (when your machine is working with the 6.5 kernel) is to disenable the Start at boot of those VM/s (maybe in fact all VM/s LXC/s) & then try booting with the new/newest kernels. See then if the machine boots normally. If it does you probably need to reconfigure the passthrough etc.

I do indeed have an Ubuntu VM that starts at boot and passed through usb drives and the GPU.

You were bang on... the GPU passthrough was the issue. Proxmox started, still had the network services error on boot, but everything seems to have come up ok and it didn't then boot loop.

I'm passing the GPU through using this line in /etc/default/grub:-

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet intel_iommu=on i915.enable_gvt=1"

Is there another way I should be doing this to pass intel onboard graphics to the VM ?

This thread which is still active seems to suggest gpu passthrough is just flat broken when using kernel 6.8.x@=

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-8-2-kernel-6-8-breaks-igpu-passthrough-for-uhd630.146256/

Last edited:
UPDATE:- I've updated the pci gpu passthrough using the proxmox gui. I simply removed the existing device, then re added it, and the only difference I noticed was that the mdev type had not been set before. The VM booted up with no problems and the host now also reboots cleanly (albeit still with the network error present, but it doesn't appear to affect anything).

Reactions: gfngfn256
Turns out its this issue:-

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/network-wait-error.143088/

But I have no recollection of installing systemd networking in my host.

I've done whats recommended in that thread, which is to disable systemd network wait with this command:-

Code:
systemctl disable systemd-networkd-wait-online.service

I've yet to reboot the host to see if thats fixed it. Some other threads suggest that it doesn't (see https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxquestions/comments/wljnub/disabling_systemdnetworkdwaitonlineservice/)

I'll post back with my findings when I am home again.

UPDATE:- Running

Code:
systemctl disable systemd-networkd-wait-online.service

has fixed the issue.

the systemd-analyze plot command showed that the boot process was no longer waiting for systemd-networkd-wait-online.service (2min 46ms)

Hello All,
Attempting to install pve 8.2.2 but it's stuck on Screenshot 2024-08-23 142621.png
Hardware platform is Asus b660m-a wifi d4, 32gb ram, intel core i7-12700f, your help will be appreciated, thank you.

36/10000
实时翻译
36/10000 实时翻译如何解决 Ceph monitor 在安装和部署过程中状态停止的问题?如何解决 Ceph 在安装和部署过程中 monitor 状态被停止的问题?

划译
如何解决 Ceph 在安装和部署过程中 monitor 状态被停止的问题?

Attachments

• 111111.png
    111111.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 222222.png
    222222.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 10

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!