Proxmox VE 7 - Cannot remove a CT (2 now actually) with error 'Failed to find logical volume "LXCs/vm-104-disk-0"'

bmcgonag

Jul 22, 2021
I now have 2 CTs that I want to remove, but have gotten this error on. I'm not sure why I'm getting it.

1. I had VM 103 (LXC container) on a SSD Logical Volume called "CTs". I got this error, and through a bunch of forum threads, just got nowhere, and ended up trying to simply remove the CT and re-creating a new Logical Volume from the disk called "LXCs". Now the same thing is happening to my CT 104, as noted in the error in the title.

I want to remove these Containers, but for some reason it just doesn't work.

I create the container, do some stuff, then shutdown the container, and try to remove through the UI. Fill out the VM ID, check the 2 boxes, and click 'Remove' on the modal, but then get this error.

For 103:
`TASK ERROR: storage 'CTs' does not exist`

Which I know, because I deleted that Logical Volume, so no idea why it just won't get rid of 103.

For 104:
`TASK ERROR: can't activate LV 'LXCs/vm-104-disk-0' to zero-out its data: Failed to find logical volume "LXCs/vm-104-disk-0"`

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is result of `pvscan`

```
pvscan
PV /dev/sdj VG LXCs lvm2 [<465.76 GiB / <465.76 GiB free]
PV /dev/sde VG VM_Clones lvm2 [<745.22 GiB / <745.22 GiB free]
PV /dev/sdb VG VMs lvm2 [<465.76 GiB / 169.75 GiB free]
PV /dev/sda3 VG pve lvm2 [<465.26 GiB / <16.00 GiB free]
Total: 4 [2.09 TiB] / in use: 4 [2.09 TiB] / in no VG: 0 [0 ]
```

Let me know what other information might help.

Hi,

Is the LXCs storage still mounted? if no - just remove the config file for 104 /etc/pve/lxc/104.conf. If the LXCs storage mounted can you check if the vm-104-disk-0 is in?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!