we're very excited to announce the release of Proxmox Virtual Environment 7.3. It's based on Debian 11.5 "Bullseye" but using a newer Linux kernel 5.15 or 5.19, QEMU 7.1, LXC 5.0.0, and ZFS 2.1.6.
Proxmox Virtual Environment 7.3 comes with initial support for Cluster Resource Scheduling, enables updates for air-gapped systems with the new Proxmox Offline Mirror tool, and has improved UX for various management tasks, as well as interesting storage technologies like ZFS dRAID and countless enhancements and bugfixes.
Here is a selection of the highlights
- Debian 11.5 "Bullseye", but using a newer Linux kernel 5.15 or 5.19
- QEMU 7.1, LXC 5.0.0, and ZFS 2.1.6
- Ceph Quincy 17.2.5 and Ceph Pacific 16.2.10; heuristical checks to see if it is safe to stop or remove a service instance (MON, MDS, OSD)
- Initial support for a Cluster Resource Scheduler (CRS)
- Proxmox Offline Mirror - https://pom.proxmox.com/
- Tagging virtual guests in the web interface
- CPU pinning: Easier affinity control using
taskset core lists
- New container templates: Fedora, Ubuntu, Alma Linux, Rocky Linux
- Reworked USB devices: can now be hot-plugged
- ZFS dRAID pools
- Proxmox Mobile: based on Flutter 3.0
- And many more enhancements.
As always, we have included countless bugfixes and improvements on many places; see the release notes for all details.
Alternate ISO download:
We want to shout out a big THANK YOU to our active community for all your intensive feedback, testing, bug reporting and patch submitting!
Q: Can I upgrade Proxmox VE 7.0 or 7.1 or 7.2 to 7.3 via GUI?
Q: Can I upgrade Proxmox VE 6.4 to 7.3 with apt?
A: Yes, please follow the upgrade instructions on https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_6.x_to_7.0
Q: Can I install Proxmox VE 7.3 on top of Debian 11.x "Bullseye"?
A: Yes, see https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_11_Bullseye
Q: Can I upgrade my Proxmox VE 6.4 cluster with Ceph Octopus to 7.3 with Ceph Octopus/Pacific/Quincy?
A: This is a three step process. First, you have to upgrade Proxmox VE from 6.4 to 7.3, and afterwards upgrade Ceph from Octopus to Pacific and to Quincy. There are a lot of improvements and changes, so please follow exactly the upgrade documentation:
Q: Where can I get more information about feature updates?
A: Check the roadmap
, the mailing list
, and/or subscribe to our newsletter
Proxmox VE project leader