Proxmox VE 7.3 released!

Hi guys a question, after install Proxmox 7.3.1 ( new installation), when i reboot my HOST, if the keyboard not is plugedin it not start automatically. I have to plugin keyboard and it's start...... it's normal?

Hi,

in some BIOS/Firmware (especially desktop/consumer hardware) there is a setting for waiting for keyboard/pheripherals on boot, maybe your system also got it and has it configured to wait.

Otherwise, no its not normal and it would be good to know at which step it hangs - if its BIOS/Firmware start then I'd recommend asking in the support channels your systems vendor offers.

Ciao,

in alcuni BIOS/firmware (in particolare hardware desktop/consumer) è presente un'impostazione per l'attesa di tastiera/periferiche all'avvio, forse anche il tuo sistema l'ha ricevuta e l'ha configurata per l'attesa.

Altrimenti, no, non è normale e sarebbe bene sapere in quale fase si blocca: se il suo BIOS/firmware si avvia, ti consiglio di chiedere nei canali di supporto offerti dal tuo fornitore di sistemi.

ok I'll check in the next few days the MB is an MSI Z590 TORPEDO

Check the qm manpage for the remote-migrate command and/or the commit that introduced it. As the road map hints, it's meant as foundation for a bigger integration we're developing, but an admin not fearing the CLI can already try it now (still experimental!).

I'm working on moving away from vmware that already have this functionality built-in. I'm not afraid of using command lines. Just wondering if in the future WebGUI would have some sort of monitoring built-in to ensure the scheduled replication between clusters are working properly.

Upgraded from 7.1 and kernel 5.11 to 7.3 and kernel 5.19. I'm using a i5-10600T.

Interestingly I have noticed a small reduction in idle power consumption, approximately 1-2W. I'll need to do some research on where this is coming from...could it be C-state support in later kernels for comet lake CPUs? I only have up to C2 enabled it seems, I'll need to dig a bit.

Hi,
Upgraded from 7.1 and kernel 5.11 to 7.3 and kernel 5.19. I'm using a i5-10600T.

Interestingly I have noticed a small reduction in idle power consumption, approximately 1-2W. I'll need to do some research on where this is coming from...could it be C-state support in later kernels for comet lake CPUs? I only have up to C2 enabled it seems, I'll need to dig a bit.
just FYI, 5.19 was superseded by 6.1 as the new opt-in kernel. AFAIK, there won't be new versions of 5.19 from us. With certain versions of 6.1 there were a few IO issues (mostly with pass-through disks), so please consider that before upgrading (see the thread for details). You can always boot an older kernel if you actually do run into the issues of course.

Hi,

just FYI, 5.19 was superseded by 6.1 as the new opt-in kernel. AFAIK, there won't be new versions of 5.19 from us. With certain versions of 6.1 there were a few IO issues (mostly with pass-through disks), so please consider that before upgrading (see the thread for details). You can always boot an older kernel if you actually do run into the issues of course.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have a read of the thread and find a time to test out 6.1.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!