proxmox ve 7.0-10 connectivity issue

sc3705

Jul 3, 2020
Hello folks,

I have an odd one here, not 100% it's Proxmox, but here goes.

I just installed 3 instances of PVE 7. I'm trying to cluster them but they're failing with a connection error. Upon inspection, The nodes can ping each other but can't SSH to each other. I can SSH to all of them and access the web gui from my workstation. What makes it odd, at least for me, is my workstation is on a different subnet and I can ping and ssh to the nodes. The nodes are all on the same subnet however they can ping and not SSH to each other.

A firewall is the only thing I know of that would cause this behavior, but all the nodes are on the same network and my understanding is the firewall in Proxmox is turned off.

My next steps are to blow away the switch config and set it back up. Before doing that, I wanted to touch base to see if anyone has ever experienced anything like this as this is honestly a first for me.

More information:

This is what makes me suspect Proxmox. Attempting to SSH to node 62 from 64 looks like this:

Code:
root@pve-64:~# ssh 192.168.76.62
Connection closed by 192.168.76.62 port 22

This leads me to believe 62 answered the call but didn't say anything. But it connects just fine from my workstation.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!