Proxmox VE 6 zfs root install issues

Maybe the default should be to have no disks selected. During the install you are generally only interested in setting up the boot system.

I am not sure if I should open new thread but I am having also problem installing with latest iso, SHA256: 95434B81CF74FDB5F8AC3E341C55293E10DAFD1A75D1BE45668CCB25F7D3C93C
I am reinstalling this on server that it was already installed, I am not sure with which version I make install but it was not current one.
There are multiple problems.
First my configuration:
HP Prolliant, 360.. RAID controller is switched to HBA mode with 8 SAS drives and 2 SATA disks connected through SATA to USB converter for OS.
This is configuration because this server is not able to boot on disks connected over HBA and I want to use zfs.

My first bug that I found during installation is that if I chose zfs raid 1 and deselect HBA disk (146GB each) and select only two SATA SSDs (1 TB) that disk size in advanced tab remain as I will chose smaller drives. And I am sure that only 1TB drives were chosen as all disks are seen.
Solution is that I disconnect all drives physically.

Secondly in console I see that alignment is not set as it should be. As seen on screenshot it says that it should be 8 or multiply of 16, but range for ashift in advanced tab does not allow to chose value 8 or 16.

And my real problem is that I got error: Unable to create zfs root pool. I tried to delete all partitions before install with gparted and problem is still the same.
Is there typo in installation procedure ?
For me it seems like it want to use /dev/3 instead of /dev/sda3 or something like that.

Is the only option to set all this correctly to install Debian first and than install ProxMox VE on top of it ?

1580461900279.png

Update: Ashift range is 9-13 what means that 8 and multiply of 8 is not possible to set. As it is only for boot I leave it at 12 as bottleneck are USB ports.
I was able to install it with proxmox-ve_6.0-1.iso SHA256: E39315B1FC5C27AB76CBDB69A138507C19DACF1CA46CDE02BEA48E17791D1D50

Oh and if anyone is reading this and having problems with booting after installation of ProxMox on USB drive.
After installation we need to boot installation again in debug mode and with fdisk, boot flag must be set on USB drives.
Otherwise my server does not recognise it as bootable device (HP Proliant DL 360p).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!