Proxmox VE 6.4 Installation Aborted

philliphs

May 22, 2021
Hi All,

I am trying to install Proxmox VE 6.4 in this particular server, but installation was aborted and I am not really clear of what's wrong with it.
The board is Intel S1200BTS with 8GB ram, CPU is Xeon e3 1220 v2.
Attached is the error screen.

Please help.IMG_20210710_144848.jpg

Exactly the same issue here!
Same issue with Proxmox VE7.

Please advise.
Francesco

Attachments

• Schermata 2021-07-10 alle 17.38.35.jpg
    Schermata 2021-07-10 alle 17.38.35.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Turns out Proxmox for some reason does not boot with onboard GPU on intel S1200BTS.
I had to install spare Nvidia GPU and it was smooth sailing.

Hi,
as mentioned in another post ( https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-7-stable-installation-aborted.92443/) , I have the same problem with Proxmox VE 7. My server is a Supermicro Big Twin, and I tried to install PVE 7 on 2 Nodes. Each node has the following configuration:

Server: 2124BT – HNTR
Motherboard: H12DST-B
CPU: 2 x AMD EPYC ROME 7404 24C
RAM: 1TB DDR4 3200 ECC REG
Graphics Card: Aspeed AST2500 BMC (on the motherboard)

Attached the log of errors (Install_stops.png) end the /var/log/Xorg.0.log ((Xorg_p1.jpg, Xorg_p2.jpg, Xorg_p3.jpg, Xorg_p4.jpg)

Please help...

Thank you

Attachments

• Install_stops.png
    Install_stops.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Xorg_p1.jpg
    Xorg_p1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Xorg_p2.jpg
    Xorg_p2.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 3
  • Xorg_p3.jpg
    Xorg_p3.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Xorg_p4.jpg
    Xorg_p4.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
what I did was attaching dedicated GPU/graphics card instead of using onboard. Try attaching any spare dedicated GPU

you can just use the dedicated GPU for installation process only. Once it's installed, you can unplug the GPU and use the onboard one again, and reattach you NIC

sorry i'm not familiar with your physical form of your servers. but what I did was only by using the dedicated GPU, and the problem is gone.
Your Xorg also terminated similar to mine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!