Proxmox-ve 6.2.1 abort the instalation

rubele

Oct 26, 2020
I try to install proxmox-ve 6.2.1 (both with DVD or with pendrive) on Intel S1200BTS motherboard with Intel Xeon CPU E31225 @ 3.10GHz and after a few minutes the installation is aborted without indicating why. Does anyone know why I can't install that version on that motherboard? The version that I was able to install on this computer is 5.4.3 but I was never able to install from scratch or update to 6.2.1 or 6.1.2 from 5.4.3. Thank you very much!!

On a server with debian installed? not in this mode, from scratch with the proxmox-ve 6.2.1 iso on a computer without operating system, server motherboard S1200BTS + Intel Xeon CPU E1225 @ 3.10GHz + 8GB RAM ECC + with 4 rigid disks of 500GB each in RAID 0. Proxmox-ve 5.4.3 works fine on this server. NOTE: this server motherboard is not on the proxmox list of tested motherboards, I don't know if this is decisive. Thank you very much!!

On a server with debian installed?
Yes you can install Proxmox on Debian buster, just following our guide[1]

NOTE: this server motherboard is not on the proxmox list of tested motherboards, I don't know if this is decisive. Thank you very much!!
Proxmox uses an Ubuntu kernel with some handpicked patches, you can check if Ubuntu tested your motherboard :) [2] However you still could install Proxmox VE latest version on debian buster.

[1] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Buster
[2] https://certification.ubuntu.com/server

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!