proxmox ve 1.9

projan

Dec 29, 2014
Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me where I can find the instalation files for proxmox VE 1.9?

I tried looking on the website, but it seems like I can only download 3.1-3.3 from there.

Regards,

Projan

where I can find the instalation files for proxmox VE 1.9?

hi, why do you need such a specific (very old) version? it is usually much, much better to use the latest version, because of tons of improvements, fixes, new features, but also because of old versions surely have some nasty dangerous bugs that could expose your servers to attackers... (not pve specific but related to software that also pve uses, like most others linux servers, and others...)

Marco

Hello Marco,

I've recently inherited a proxmox VE 1.9 cluster on my job, the person who set it up didn't believe in doing updates.
I managed to migrate most VMs from proxmox to VMware, but about 10 VMs remain.
Currently I'm trying to install proxmox on a VMware VM do a backup/restore of the VMs on the new machine.
I'm using the latest proxmox version for that, but I do not have high hopes for that. Meanwhile I already set out looking for Proxmox VE 1.9.
That's why I'm looking for a Proxmox VE 1.9 installer.

Regards,

Projan

Currently I'm trying to install proxmox on a VMware VM do a backup/restore of the VMs on the new machine. I'm using the latest proxmox version for that, but I do not have high hopes for that. Meanwhile I already set out looking for Proxmox VE 1.9.

Well, in my experience, you can backup vm even on older pve versions and restore tham on newer, if all required resources (mainly networks, storages) are still there with the same names. I suggest you to try the latest pve version, if you really need to restore them on another pve (virtual or phisical).

Though ,the GUI has changed a lot and allows for much better and much more, but you could need to learn how to use the new one... (but anyway what's the point in having a virtual 1.9 on vmware? it is really old... and dangerous in production, imho).

(btw, if everything fails converting VMs, another way could be convert virtual disks from RAW or qcow2 to vmdk with the command line "qemu-img convert" command.)

if you really need the old 1.9 iso, I could find one around, but you should really not run such old servers in production, there are so many risks. Let me know. :)

Marco

All remaining VMs are OpenVZ containters. I haven't found a way yet to let the paravirtualized VMs run as standalone VMs.

backup/restoring VMs to the new version seems to work fine. (just got to fiddle a bit with the VM settings)
But I'm having trouble with one VM, which the backup says it's successfull, but returns a 0 KB file. (total size of the VM is about 850GB)
Code:
proxmox6:/backup# vzdump 300 --compress --dumpdir /backup/
INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 300 --compress --dumpdir /backup/
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 300 (openvz)
INFO: CTID 300 exist unmounted down
INFO: status = CTID 300 exist unmounted down
INFO: backup mode: stop
INFO: ionice priority: 7
INFO: creating archive '/backup/vzdump-openvz-300-2014_12_31-10_40_52.tgz'
INFO: Total bytes written: 10240 (10KiB, 145MiB/s)
INFO: archive file size: 0KB
INFO: Finished Backup of VM 300 (01:21:28)
INFO: Backup job finished successfuly

Any ideas?

Regards,

Projan

I'm having trouble with one VM, which the backup says it's successfull, but returns a 0 KB file. (total size of the VM is about 850GB)

I see... That never happened to me (I use few CTs), but I would start to check if CT's files are ok, either from the pve node POV (look under /var/lib/vz/private/<CTID>), and/or from within the CT, using "vzctl enter <CTID>", or logging in by ssh, eg. with usual linux checks.

If your backup target storage has free space, as last resort yo can reboot the node and retry, as sometimes it works (http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/13802-error-on-ct-backup).

you could also try to backup it from cli, with vzdump, you could get more hints of what could be not working... you could also get more forum support by opening a separate topic for this case, something like "rescue of old pve 1.9 CT backup successful, but archive size 0kb" would gather sufficient attention, imho, of more experienced people...

good luck!

Marco

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!