Proxmox v4 - iSCSI Multipath problem

xpanisello

Jun 5, 2014
Salou, Catalonia
Hi everyone, I'm trying to configure iscsi multipath but i'm not able. I have a Netapp with two controllers, one ip address assigned for iSCSI portal on each one, when I configure the portal in Proxmox the System automatically recognize both ip, and I can access and use the luns correctly.

I can see these two devices created using fdisk -l, but when I ask for the wwid with /lib/udev/scsi_id I get the same id for these diferent devices.

Hi Hec, sorry, I was in worng. The wwid has to be the same for the same lun.

Yes, I've installed the multipath utilities. The problemais the multipath.conf file:

blacklist {
wwid "*"
}
blacklist_exceptions {
wwid "3600a09803830327241244735782f4e50"
}
multipaths {
multipath {
wwid "3600a09803830327241244735782f4e50"
alias mpath0
}
}
defaults {
polling_interval 2
path_selector "round-robin 0"
path_grouping_policy multibus
getuid_callout "/lib/udev/scsi_id -g -u -d /dev/%n"
rr_min_io 100
failback immediate
no_path_retry queue
}

Whe I execute multipath -ll command I get an error parsing config file. If I delete the blacklist and blacklist_exceptions sections then it Works, and this is the output of multipath -ll:

root@cook:/etc# multipath -ll
mpath0 (3600a09803830327241244735782f4e50) dm-4 NETAPP,LUN C-Mode
size=1.5T features='4 queue_if_no_path pg_init_retries 50 retain_attached_hw_handle' hwhandler='0' wp=rw
|-+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=50 status=active
| `- 3:0:0:1 sdb 8:16 active ready running
`-+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=10 status=enabled
`- 4:0:0:1 sdc 8:32 active ready running
root@cook:/etc#

That means that now is correct, but what happens with the blacklist and exception sections, are they incorrect? are unnecessary? Is now working well?

Hi, finally solved the problem. As I have understood multipath-tools has a configuration, you can see it if you execute the command multipathd -k, then in the multipath prompt execute show config, then list the live configuration. In this configuration I saw that the blacklist section already exists, may be that's why the error...Then I used a multipath.conf with blacklist_exceptions but not blacklist (as specified in proxmox manual), and now it works. I tested the multipath and is working very well, I disconnected one interface, and after the other (connecting the one first...) and the VM's in the iscsi lvm continued working whitout problem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!