Proxmox Upgrade

TecScott

Mar 30, 2017
Currently looking to upgrade from 5 to 6 with Ceph hyper-converged environment.

The pve5to6 script identifies a warning regarding the mon_host being bound to IP/port rather than without the port, however the ceph upgrade instructions state to do this after upgrading to Ceph 14 (after upgrading to PVE6)

For each host that has been upgraded...

Does the order of this matter, i.e. if I set before upgrading to PVE6 or after PVE6 and after Ceph 14?

I've also got a warning about use of hostname rather than IP address for the nodelist, I assume I can ignore this as it correctly resolves using hosts entry and external DNS?

I've also got a warning about use of hostname rather than IP address for the nodelist, I assume I can ignore this as it correctly resolves using hosts entry and external DNS?

yes if they resolve correctly and you plan to keep them at their resolved address that is fine.

The pve5to6 script identifies a warning regarding the mon_host being bound to IP/port rather than without the port, however the ceph upgrade instructions state to do this after upgrading to Ceph 14 (after upgrading to PVE6)

Does the order of this matter, i.e. if I set before upgrading to PVE6 or after PVE6 and after Ceph 14?

You can change this before upgrading PVE 5 to 6, or aferwards, that order does not matter. But it should be changed before upgrading CEPH from Lumnious 12 to Nautilus 14 afterwards.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!