Proxmox Template

Amori

May 9, 2013
Hello!

I have about 50 servers connected to one NFS. I would like to place all my templates inside NFS and connect them to my servers. I do that by creating a VM or restore a VM choosing NFS storage. Let us say I restore VM 101 "windows 2012 template" in storage NFS in the first 2 servers. Proxmox save every VM as unique template ending up with several disks, base-101-disk-0.qcow2 and base-101-disk-1.qcow2
https://cl.ly/bb2380598ceb

Is there any workaround or a better solution?

are those servers in the same cluster ? if not, never let multiple cluster access the exact same storage for vm disks, since we do (and cannot) lock ids/names across multiple clusters
eg having a vm with id 100 on multiple clusters with the disk on the same nfs, pve would believe that all disks with the id '100' belongs to it

For now I dont use any cluster but I have reserved VM ID's range 100-125 for templates only.
Today I have for example WindowsServer2008 template saved locally on VM 100 for all servers. Im using WHMCS, modulesgarden module.

I would like to have all my templates on one NFS acros all servers. Possible? :)

again, never use vm images on shared storages for multiple clusters, you only make your life harder
you could make a share for each server of course

My servers are not on cluster. I dont plan either to setup any cluster as my DC do not support it yet.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!