Proxmox Suddenly Quits

manjotsc

Jul 2, 2020
Montreal, Quebec
Hi,

I have a Proxmox server running about 11 LXCs and 3 VMs, they are divided on two network adapter, first adapter on board LAN and second one is PCIe Network Adapter. After few days of run time, Proxmox server suddenly quits, I lost all access to LXCs and VMs over Network including server it self. I don't know if this a network issue or something else, I need help troubleshooting. Where should I start? When manually rebooting the server, it boots just fine and all LXCs and VMs comes up.

Thanks,
Virtual Environment 7.0-11

is anything in the logs (dmesg/journalctl)? do you have some kind of remote (ikvm/ilo/etc) or direct (monitor+keyboard) access? if yes, does it still work then?

seems to be either a driver/hardware issue:

[ 4173.875076] e1000e 0000:00:19.0 eno1: Detected Hardware Unit Hang:

means the nic hangs... you could try to use different nics or a newer kernel (if available) to see if either change fixes the issue

normally only the network card, but if the hardware problem in reality is somewhere else, it might just be a symptom

@dcsapak Can you help me locate Linux Ethernet Driver for this board I can't find one.

Motherboard: H87-D3H-CF
Code:
root@vms:~# lshw -class network
  *-network                 
       description: Ethernet interface
       product: Ethernet Connection I217-V
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 19
       bus info: pci@0000:00:19.0
       logical name: eno1
       version: 04
       serial: 94:de:80:7d:58:d3
       size: 1Gbit/s
       capacity: 1Gbit/s
       width: 32 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
       configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=e1000e driverversion=5.11.22-4-pve duplex=full firmware=0.13-4 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=twisted pair speed=1Gbit/s
       resources: irq:32 memory:f7b00000-f7b1ffff memory:f7b3d000-f7b3dfff ioport:f080(size=32)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!