Proxmox stopped connecting to Internet/home network

cantthinkofone

Apr 3, 2020
Hi Enthusiasts,

I'm pretty new to proxmox, networking, the console, etc..

I did a number of random things if found while searching the web

Im running Proxmox with Nextcloud on ubuntu server lxc.

Thank you for any hints!

• Proxmox just stopped connecting to the network after I moved it to another case.
  • I didn't change any settings at all.
  • checked if the network adapters are activated in bios
  • the network card blinks while booting but then stops
  • tried systemctl restart networking
  • checked if the ip settings match my routers
  • twisted the ip settings randomly, which made the nextcloud available for a secon via internet, then stopped ( nano etc/network/interfaces)
  • tried to ping 8.8.8.8 -> "Destination Host Unreachable"
Since the pictures were too large to attach check my reddit post for the screenshots I took:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Proxmox/comments/gf6eto/proxmox_stopped_connecting_to_home_networkinternet/

Hi,

As i saw in your post on reddit, you need to edit your network configuration, so just /etc/network/interfaces and modify iface enp2s0 inet manual to iface enp1s0 inet manual

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200507161753.png
then should works :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!