Proxmox slow internet speed

• Thread starter Deleted member 121278
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 121278

Hi, I have a Proxmox server (R5, 16gb ram, 256gb ssd) with PfSense and other vm on it. I don't know why, but Speedtest have both upload and download results around 10mb/s. I have 1Gbit connection.
Internet -> PfSense inside Proxmox (wan vmbr0, lan vmbr1) -> Proxmox -> devices

I have done a Speedtest inside PfSense and have 800 mb/s download and 100 mb/s upload. Even if I connect rj45 cable to LAN port, I have the same result on my laptop.
Schermata 2021-06-22 alle 18.16.41.png

I'm try to figure out why my proxmox host and lxc have Speedtest around 10mb/s (with iperf it show 40gb bandwitch). In the screen I have opened host shell and one lxc shell. On PfSense I tried disabling/enable hardware offload but nothing changed.
Schermata 2021-06-22 alle 18.23.40-min.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What version of the speedtest-cli do you use? IIRC there is some problem with it, reporting wrong values.
I'm using version 2.0.2 , there is a bug in that version?
Anyway today I have done a apt update && apt upgrade and pve-headers was updated. Now only on the host the download passed from around 10 to 60 mb/s. Download remain around 10 mb/s, in the lxc container after some update Speedtest remain around 10mb/s in up and down.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!