[SOLVED] ProxMox setup failed (NVIDIA GPU)

But now I run into the issue, if the install is finished my pc goes into a boot loop, without successful boot. Any advice?

You mean you went through the install just fine, but at the end, when it is supposed to reboot into the actually installed PVE, it instead keeps rebooting? What do you see on the screen as it starts booting?

Worst case, you will have to use that LIVE Debian approach, boot from that independent USB and explore the boot log and go from there.

This is very confusing to see now without explanation what happened prior. Did you press the 'e' on the "Terminal UI" option before adding the nomodeset, actually?

Because to me it looks like you never finished the installation (and instead attempted to run graphical one without a driver).
I was trying it on the 8.2 with the paramater with Terminal UI yes. So I was running into that boot issue. So I tryied the v7.4 - there is the only option with VE and those recent issues. :)

I was trying it on the 8.2 with the paramater with Terminal UI yes. So I was running into that boot issue.

But have not provided any information on how the installation finished and what you got displayed before getting a reboot loop.

So I tryied the v7.4 - there is the only option with VE and those recent issues. :)

Please no to mix instructions for most recent v8 with old ones (especially without mentioning it).

Alright :D At least it's clear what happened ... so install (text UI) went through, claimed finished, then reboot does not actually boot it.

There's one strange thing at the end where it says /dev/sda is busy - is the sda the drive you were installing on?

Are you positive that your BIOS/EFI has no other drives inside that it can be confusing with what you want to boot now? E.g. there's another drive with no OS and your EFI tries to boot only that one?

Ok I now think ... because I realised you have an NVMe you installed on ... the /dev/sda is some other drive in there.

Can you simply unplug all other drives just to be sure the EFI can only go booting the one that you installed on?

Also, disable secure boot in EFI.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!