proxmox running on host with Ryzen Renoir 4750G question

tlex

Mar 9, 2021
I use Proxmox to host a BlueIris webcam monitoring system. In order to do AI with the webcam images, BlueIris relies on DeepStack.
I can run DeepStack on a vm for sure but I wanted to see if I could get better performances by using the version that relies on GPU to do AI.
So I can't get any passthrough to work because the gpu iommu group seems to be shared with other ressources on my board (Asus Pro B550M).
I installed the docker version of deepstack (gpu version) on the proxmox host but when I start it it doesn't see the 4750G gpu.

Is there any drivers or packages I should install on the host in order to be able to take advantage of the gpu I have in it ?

So I can't get any passthrough to work because the gpu iommu group seems to be shared with other ressources on my board (Asus Pro B550M).
The PCIe x16 slot (and the M.2 slot) closest to the CPU ought to be in separate IOMMU groups on Ryzen B550, otherwise you need to try another BIOS version. But putting the GPU in the first slot probably also causes the system too use it while booting, which can give reset issues for passthrough.
Everything else is expected to be in the "big chipset group". You could try using the kernel parameter pcie_acs_override=downstream,multifunction to "break the groups", if you don't worry about security/isolation.
I installed the docker version of deepstack (gpu version) on the proxmox host but when I start it it doesn't see the 4750G gpu.
Is there any drivers or packages I should install on the host in order to be able to take advantage of the gpu I have in it ?
Sorry, but I know nothing about this. I just wanted to share some options for your case of using a VM with passthrough.

So thats the thing, I don't think I can passthrough the gpu since it is built-in the cpu.
My goal would be to install the appropriate amd drivers within proxmox in order to use the gpu version of the deepstack docker.
Anyone can help me with that ?
Not being sure what to do or follow from this link . . . : https://www.amd.com/en/support/linux-drivers

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!