Proxmox random reboots on HP Elitedesk 800g4 - fixed with proxmox install on top of Debian 12 - now issues with hardware transcoding in plex

Thank you for the fantastic information in this thread! A life saver (literally for my hardware ;)).
I had the exact same problems on my HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini PC (i5 9500) with Proxmox 8.2.7). Reboots after a couple of hours. Sometimes paired with the BIOS error 90D from HP stating that the CPU ran too hot (but the fans never spun up).

I can confirm (7d+ uptime vs reboots every few hours) that both solution work for me:
- renaming /lib/firmware/i915/kbl_dmc_ver1_04.bin as a quick fix (needs to be done again after some updates)
- Adding kernel parameters as pointed out by Winterd85 and others (thank you!). This solution is less hacky and more stable for me.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!