Proxmox PVE 5.4 - VMs virto driver network card (yellow triangle on network icon) is working not stable.

sannsor

Oct 15, 2019
I have a Proxmox cluster implemented and configured on my environment with PVE 5.4 version. All virtual machines are working about 1 months or 2 moths and then the network inside the virtual machines becomes showing yellow triangle on the network icon (then unable to ping from another hosts). I need to disable and re-enable network connection and then working ok. I am using virto driver to provide link for those vms. can anyone know what is the problem? how to fix it?

Thanks,

Sor

Please upgrade to the latest virtIO drivers inside the VM (I assume Windows). And best also upgrade your installation to the latest packages.

Thank you Alwin, I will try to upgrade virtIO drivers. I can't do upgrade Proxmox OS yet. I never try it as I have many production servers are running on this. It is clustering. Any upgrade guideline to process upgrade Proxmox?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!