Proxmox or VMWare, would like to get some more arguments

You have one interface for KVM+LXC, but different one for Docker. This makes management at best sub-optimal.

Docker is designed to be managed by special docker tools like docker-swarm, or kubernetes. It make no sense to add another management interface for docker.

Docker is designed to be managed by special docker tools like docker-swarm, or kubernetes. It make no sense to add another management interface for docker.

From wiki:
Docker can be integrated into various infrastructure tools, including Amazon Web Services, Ansible, CFEngine, Chef, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Bluemix, HPE Helion Stackato, Jelastic, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack Nova, OpenSVC, Oracle Container Cloud Service, Puppet, Salt, Vagrant, and VMware vSphere Integrated Containers.

It seems to me Docker can be managed with whatever tool is compatible with it. And nowhere on docker-web did I find any info supporting your opition (designed to be managed by special docker tools).

BTW, is not LXC designed to be managed by LXD? Just being curious, if the same rule applies. And finally, as KVM management tools these are listed: Kimchi, Virtual Machine Manager, Proxmox Virtual Environment, OpenQRM, GNOME Boxes, oVirt, ArchivistaMini. IMHO, it is always good to have more options.

Is Proxmox a type-2 hypervisor? I thought it was bare metal Type-1
This has been discussed many times, and there is no clear answer. But true is, KVM "sits upon" full OS. It is no way light-weight, compared to ESXi (iirc ~170MB)...

I have Proxmox and VMware
First for the Proxmox - scalability. Every node have All in one.
Second - is Storages support like ZFS/Gluster/Ceph/LVM thin and more
Third - Cluster easy for install
Fourth - light weight Web Gui!!! and same you can use CLI
Fifth - absolutly opensource
Sixth - Backup task (it have BACKUP system integarded!!! Not third party like veem and something else)/Snapshots
Seventh - LXC
Is this all arguments for use Proxmox in my public cloud more than 4 years

But true is, KVM "sits upon" full OS. It is no way light-weight, compared to ESXi (iirc ~170MB)...

We run a full OS because that comes at no costs. Running something like busybox just adds limits without any real advantage (saves 300MB disk space).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!