Proxmox + Opnsense WAN interface not refreshing

Dilby

Jan 23, 2020
Hi,

I'm have Opnsense running on proxmox acting as a firewall and router. My system has two NICs one for WAN and one for LAN. The issue i'm facing is that if my cable modem requires a restart after a crash, I also have to restart the opnsense guest or disable and then re-enable the WAN interface within opnsense.

The issue seems to be that opnsense is still seeing the proxmox Linux Bridge to the WAN interface as being connected (even if the modem is switched off) and not requesting a new lease unless I force it manually.

Is there a way for the bridge to "disconnect" if the physical interface is disconnected ?

Thanks.

Hi below:

Bash:
# network interface settings; autogenerated
# Please do NOT modify this file directly, unless you know what
# you're doing.
#
# If you want to manage parts of the network configuration manually,
# please utilize the 'source' or 'source-directory' directives to do
# so.
# PVE will preserve these directives, but will NOT read its network
# configuration from sourced files, so do not attempt to move any of
# the PVE managed interfaces into external files!

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp3s0 inet manual

iface enp4s0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address  192.168.0.10
    netmask  24
    gateway  192.168.0.1
    bridge-ports enp3s0
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0
#LAN Bridge

iface wls1 inet manual

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet manual
    bridge-ports enp4s0
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0
#WAN Bridge

Hi,

I tried using a static Mac within Proxmox for the WAN interface set to the same MAC as Proxmox->OpnsenseVM->Hardware->Network Device 1(net1) but didn't see, to work.

Proxmox syslog reports"

Jan 27 17:54:29 proxmox kernel: vmbr1: received packet on tap100i1 with own address as source address (addr:2f:91:65:4f:93:1f, vlan:0)

Seem's like there is some kind of clash.

Thanks
Dilby.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!