Proxmox on VRTX

Damn.

Ok, yeah it looks like it could be a pain in the butt to figure out the exact solution then. :(

Can you give us the output of:
Bash:
# cat /proc/cmdline
Just to check if the parameter is set correctly.

Reactions: justinclift
I have not seen or touched one of these in quite a few years, but if memory serves the standard switch has 8 ports facing in, which are typically configured as 2 per node. Unless you actively set the MC to change that behavior, thats all you SHOULD be seeing. How many nodes do you have in your chassis anyway?

I have not seen or touched one of these in quite a few years, but if memory serves the standard switch has 8 ports facing in, which are typically configured as 2 per node. Unless you actively set the MC to change that behavior, thats all you SHOULD be seeing. How many nodes do you have in your chassis anyway?
I have 4 blades. I also have 4 dual port 10gb nics in the PCIe backplane and one is assigned to each blade. The only thing I can think of is proxmox needs a dirver to communicate with the fabric properly?

The only thing I can think of is proxmox needs a dirver to communicate with the fabric properly?
Not likely. VRTX doesnt actually do pci fabric, its a simple routing. a node has exclusive access to that hardware, and it shows on its individual node's PCI root. it either shows up, or it doesnt.

on lspci, what are all the nics you see and what are their pci addresses?

Not likely. VRTX doesnt actually do pci fabric, its a simple routing. a node has exclusive access to that hardware, and it shows on its individual node's PCI root. it either shows up, or it doesnt.

on lspci, what are all the nics you see and what are their pci addresses?
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)
01:00.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)

10:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)
10:00.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)

I suppose I need to figure how to do this manually, bind the ID to a logical name since Linux isn't doing it.

great, so all 4 nics are visible.

since they all looks like they use the same hardware, it is most likely that they all use the same kernel module, which means they're likely all loaded. what does

ip l

show

so you did...

you need to add pci=realloc=off to your kernel boot line. I see you already did.

IF you have dell support entitlement might need to give them a call. I'm fresh out of useful ideas except replace the nic with intel...

Last edited:
Reactions: justinclift

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!