Proxmox on SYS (OVH) - Initial setup with multiple SSDs

Spazmic

Sep 13, 2015
Hello,

I've searched the forum for a while and can't find the answer to my question.
I have a SYS server, with 3 x 120 gb SSD drives. I'm having a hard time setting up my SSDs from the SYS install manager. It is only using 1 disk, as you can see here:

9216d0edfb7e4f71b7342642790d9848.png

However, when proxmox is installed, I can see the 3 disks in the proxmox webgui.
How can I use the 2 others disks as storage?

The OVH installer is setting up the 3 disk in Raid 1 Software, you wont be able to use the disks.

If you wish to use all 3 you will have to select the option to not use RAID, OVH will install the OS on the first disk and leave you to use and configure the other two as required.

Hi,

you must do this on the Shell and the procedure dependence on the storage type you like to use.

The OVH installer is setting up the 3 disk in Raid 1 Software, you wont be able to use the disks.

Just talked with SYS, representative said that the OVH installer will setup the first 2 disks as raid 1 and the 3rd one can be used as storage. Are you sure that the OVH installer is setting up the 3 disks in Raid 1 Software? :/

I will try to check if thats right, by looking at the space left on each disks. The first two disks shall have the same amout of space left and the third one has to be empty for the SYS representative to be right.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!