[SOLVED] Proxmox on Debian & btrfs filesystem. ISO images not seen on VM creation

firepol

Oct 21, 2024
Hi, I installed Debian on an encrypted luks volume partitioned with btrfs.
Then I installed proxmox v8.2.7.
I managed to create a VM and also managed to do GPU passthrough and PCI USB controller passthrough.

To use the btrfs filesystem in proxmox, I created a btrfs subvolume called "proxmox-storage". I mounted the subvolume to /proxmox-storage, then I did run these commands:

pvesm add btrfs proxmox-btrfs --path /proxmox-storage
pvesm set proxmox-btrfs --content images,rootdir,backup,snippets,iso

When I create a VM using the proxmox UI, at the "OS" tab > I click "ISO image" but I don't see the iso files I have copied under /proxmox-storage/template/iso
If I copy the iso files to /var/lib/vz/template/iso/ I can see them.

If I go to Datacenter > my host > proxmox-storage > upload a ISO file the iso is saved properly under /proxmox-storage/template/iso
But I can't see the uploaded ISO in the create VM "ISO image" and select it.
VM images are saved correctly under /proxmox-storage/images

UPDATE: seems the issue was unreleated to btrfs. The UI shows "Storage", by default it's "local". I was expecting it to just scan all locations for ISO images, instead I just had to choose my "proxmox-storage" and there I could see my ISOs. Happy it was not a btrfs problem ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: waltar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!