Proxmox on a Dell Optiplex 3000 (RJ45)

benpe

Jun 15, 2023
Good day,

I was about to buy a fairly priced Optiplex 3000, 12th gen intel, to use as a Proxmox server. However I pulled the break when I realized that it was equipeed with a RJ45 nic. I have tried to figure out which chip it is but I have not found any clear answer and therefor I'm not sure how well it will work if I try to install Proxmox.

Does anyone know if Proxmox will work with this hardware, the nic in particular?

Good day,

I was about to buy a fairly priced Optiplex 3000, 12th gen intel, to use as a Proxmox server. However I pulled the break when I realized that it was equipeed with a RJ45 nic. I have tried to figure out which chip it is but I have not found any clear answer and therefor I'm not sure how well it will work if I try to install Proxmox.

Does anyone know if Proxmox will work with this hardware, the nic in particular?

Just what gurubert says, you can run Proxmox on it.
You can also add an extra (Intel) network card in a free pci-e slot, but I'm pretty sure that will not be necessary.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!