Proxmox not update total storage size

infrant

Apr 30, 2021
Good morning, I'm using proxmox in version 6.3-2 in production in a cluster with 16 hosts and 205 VMs, I use it with a CEPH storage with RBD mounted in the proxmox without problems, but in the last few weeks I needed to increase the storage quota in the proxmox of 24TB to 26TB, but even changing and without apparent errors the proxmox does not recognize this increase, in the image I added here in usage we have 24Tb but below it shows the 26TB, I have already restarted, removed and put the storage again, and it remains the same.

When I create a new pool in ceph and add it to the proxmox with 4TB for example it recognizes but if I try to change the pool upwards it happens the same, it seems that it is not accepting to increase the size, just decrease it, test this in version 6.3 and 6.4

Attachments

• storage01.jpg
    storage01.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 13
How does the "used" values compare between the graph (darker color) and the number in the overview on top? There were some issues in the GUI that some numbers were based on 1000 and others on 1024 which might explain the difference. That is addressed in pve-manager-6.4-6

I had even seen this, but my problem seems to be another, because I have 30TB on the ceph available for the proxmox and I don't see it inside the proxmox, if I decrease the size of the storage on the ceph it updates on the proxmox, but if it increases it does not update , if I create a new pool with the TB left over, the proxmox recognizes this new pool, so I have space, but the proxmox does not recognize all, I already rebooted the proxmox.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!